PTLS 2020 Course Dates Available Soon
Please note all courses up to June 30, 2020 have been postponed due to COVID-19
PTLS Course Dates – 2020
|SA||12th July||Mount Gambier|
PAEDIATRIC TRAUMA LIFE SUPPORT 3rd Edition (Revised 2020)
The Australian College of Emergency Nursing Ltd. is pleased to offer the Paediatric Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS) throughout Australia and New Zealand.
This 10 hour internationally recognised course gives you the knowledge and hands on skills to take better care of the paediatric trauma patient.
PTLS is a comprehensive course for doctors, registered nurses, enrolled nurses, pre-hospital care providers and paramedical personnel, which emphasises a team approach and recognises the value of your role. The ITLS framework for rapid assessment and effective trauma care is a global standard that works in any situation.
- The injured child – families and child development
- Assessment of the paediatric trauma patient
- Head and spinal trauma
- Thoracic and abdominal trauma
- Special considerations in the paediatric patient
The interactive skill stations facilitate application of theory in a risk-free setting which simulates patient situations.
Teaching stations include:
- Patient assessment
- Spinal motion restriction
- Airway management & chest decompression
- Fluid resuscitation
This course is suitable for all prehospital and hospital health care providers involved in the delivery of emergency care for the injured paediatric patient. It is suggested that participants should have undertaken ITLS, PHTLS, TNCC or ENPC prior to undertaking this program.
Once your enrolment is confirmed, your PTLS Provider Manual will be mailed. It reinforces and supplements lectures and psychomotor skills content. The comprehensive manual provides information regarding essential course concepts and should be thoroughly reviewed before the course.
The Australian College of Emergency Nursing Ltd. will award 10 in-service hours to participants who attend the entire course regardless of their performance during testing.
Includes manual, certificate and international registration.
- Non-members of the Australian College of Emergency Nursing Ltd.: $400.00
- Financial members of the Australian College of Emergency Nursing Ltd.: $350.00
Completed applications & payment should be forwarded 6 weeks prior to the course.
– Participants are not eligible for a refund once the manuals have been posted.
– Participants are not eligible for a refund for failure to attend the nominated course.
Special circumstances and course transfer may be considered on application to the Executive Director and must be received in writing before the course date.
Participants are not eligible to transfer to another course once manuals have been posted.
For more information, contact us.